Select Page

Vote Today!

Polling places in Saint Paul are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. today!

Unsure where to vote? Use the Minnesota Secretary of State’s polling place finder. After entering your address, the finder will tell you where to vote, and show a sample ballot for your precinct.

Need a ride?  Call us at 651-291-8180.

You can register to vote at the polls!

To register at your polling place on Election Day, bring one proof of residence listed below.
① ID with current name and address

  • Valid Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit or ID; or a receipt for any of these.
  • Tribal ID with name, address, photo and signature.

② Photo ID and a document with current name and address


Approved photo IDs (choose one)
The ID can be expired.

  • Driver’s license, state ID or learner’s permit issued by any state
  • U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Military or Veteran ID
  • Tribal ID with name, signature and photo
  • Minnesota university, college or technical college ID
  • Minnesota high school ID

Approved documents (choose one)
Can be shown on electronic device.

  • Bill, account or start-of-service statement due or dated within 30 days of the election for:
  • Phone, TV or internet
  • Solid waste, sewer, electric, gas or water
  • Banking or credit card
  • Rent or mortgage
  • Residential lease or rent agreement valid through Election Day
  • Current student fee statement

③ Registered voter who can confirm your address

A registered voter from your precinct can go with you to the polling place to sign an oath confirming your address. This is known as ‘vouching.’ A registered voter can vouch for up to eight voters. You cannot vouch for others if someone vouched for you.

④ College student ID with housing list

Colleges and universities send election officials a student housing list. If you are on the list, show your college photo ID to complete your registration.

⑤ Valid registration in the same precinct

If you are registered in the precinct but changed names or moved within the same precinct, you only need to tell the election judge your previous name or address.