Pat Harris is a lifelong Saint Paulite, husband, father, public finance professional, and community leader.
He is currently Senior Vice President at BMO Harris Bank with state-wide responsibility for government banking. He has worked in finance for over 16 years and holds membership in many professional public finance organizations.
Pat served on the Saint Paul City Council for twelve years. On the council, he earned a reputation for getting things done, for being the council’s leading expert on finance, and for his focus on providing quality city services. He was the council’s leader on a wide array of issues including:
- Strong libraries
- Public safety
- Protecting the rights of New Americans
- Addressing homelessness
- Renovating and restoring parks and rec infrastructure
- Providing responsible and innovative city budgets
Community service is central to Pat’s life. He has served on numerous community boards, including the Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library, Como Zoo and Conservatory Friends, Catholic Charities, Visit Saint Paul, Minnesota Children’s Museum, Minnesota Jewish Theater, Books for Africa Ambassadors, Loaves and Fishes, and many more.
He is the founder of Serving Our Troops, a nationally recognized effort to support soldiers and families of the Minnesota National Guard.
Pat is a graduate of Cretin High School. He put himself through college earning a BA from Marquette University and an MBA from the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management.
Pat Harris in the Community
- Founder, Serving Our Troops (www.ServingOurTroops.com)
- Co-Founder, The Shannon Open for Cystic Fibrosis (www.ShannonOpen.org)
- Saint Paul City Council Member, 2000 to 2012
- Commissioner, Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Board Member, Metropolitan Energy Coalition
- Board Member, Como Zoo and Conservatory Friends
- Board Member, Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library
- Ambassadors Circle Member, Books for Africa
- Former Board Member, Visit Saint Paul, (2012-2017 (2015-2016 Chair)
- Board Member, Minnesota Children’s Museum (Co-Chair, 2013 Play for All Gala)
- Board Member, Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company
- Member, Animal Humane Society Capital Planning Task Force
- Commissioner, Highland Hoops Youth Basketball, 2015 to present
- Former Board Member, Saint Paul Public Schools Foundation, 2012 to 2016
- Co-Chair with Laura Harris, 2015 Student Success Breakfast – Saint Paul Schools Foundation
- Former Chair and Master of Ceremonies, Saint Paul Police Foundation 2013 Gala
- Former Board Member, Family Housing Fund
- Master of Ceremonies, Saint Paul Police Foundation 2014 Gala
- Former Board Member, Catholic Charities
- Former Board Member, Loaves and Fishes
- Former Member, Second Judicial District Ethics Committee
- Former VISTA Volunteer
Volunteer, Highland Little League, 2014 to present
Former President and Board Member, Macalester Groveland Community Council
Pat Harris Recognized by the Community
- Two-time Midwest Regional Emmy Award – Serving Our Troops
- Red Cross Hero Award
- Pat Harris Award (Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library – awarded for library service. Named after Pat Harris and to be awarded in the future for exemplary library service.)
- Lifetime of Service Award, Catholic Charities
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce H.E.R.B.I.E. Award for lifetime community service
- Minnesota Meetings Magazine Inspiration Award
- Department of the Army Certificate of Appreciation for Patriotic Civilian Service
- Civilian Service Award, U.S. National Guard
- Distinguished Citizen Award, Minnesota VFW
- Patrick Henry Award, National Guard Association
- Minnesota National Guard Outstanding Service Award
- Recognized by the Library Journal as one of two “Politicians Making a Difference” in the nation
- Ten Outstanding Young Minnesotans, Minnesota Jaycees
- B. Warren Heart Community Service Award, Saint Paul Jaycees
- Valedictorian Graduate of Cretin High School
Meet Laura Harris
Laura Harris directs education and professional development programs for the League of Minnesota Cities. She helps elected and appointed municipal officials throughout Minnesota develop the skills needed to effectively lead their cities. An experienced policy advocate, she represented Minnesota cities at the state capitol as a lobbyist for the League of Minnesota Cities and she served in policy and government relations positions in the Governor’s office.
Laura is an accomplished runner who competed in cross country during college, completed numerous marathons, and continues to compete in races. Laura holds a BA from the College of Saint Benedict.